Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Angry? Confused?

Attended Singhealth presentation today. Still don't really see much difference between the 2 healthcare groups in S'pore. That's unless you want to do psych, which I don't.

I thought I had it all set out in my mind. Especially since I've now got my HSMP visa. I had planned on trying to secure a 6-month post for Feb 2007 and at the same time apply for the new ST training scheme which is due to commence in Aug 2007.

That was the plan. B told me this evening that there's some talk of Lord Warner and discussions regarding HSMP visa holders and their ineligibility to apply for the ST training scheme. Well, that was enough to rock my boat. Are you telling me that after all the hassle and the money spent (it really did cost a lot), my visa is as good as useless? Ok, I can legally reside in this country till Oct 2008, but if I can't join the training scheme, what is the point????

Frustrated. Confused. Angry. All wasted emotions though.

Perhaps it's time to pack up and return home. Perhaps I'm just a fool for wanting to remain in a country that pays little regard to people like me... the aliens...

No comments: