Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The mooncake pig



This is the "mooncake pig", half-eaten. I took photos of it as it sat on top of the microwave (better colour contrast). Have been meaning to post it, but only got round to doing it today. I'd purchased it for S shortly after the mooncake festival. This year, we didn't buy mooncake (we had an overdose of it last year). When I saw this little pig at the chinese supermarket, I remembered that S likes the "mooncake pig" that I so detested as a child and decided to buy it for her.
We have issues with mooncake. S likes the crust, the thicker the better. She also likes the yolk. I on the other hand, like the filling, so the thinner the crust the better. Plus, I really really dislike the yolk.

Back to the reason for the picture. Well, S commented after chomping the pig's abdomen and half of its gluteus maximus that the manufacturers must have squirted the filling in through a small orifice in the pig's butt. Yup, the poor pig got filling squirted in through its butt hole (anatomically speaking, through it's anus). I thought this most amusing and decided to attempt to capture it on photo. It was virtually impossible to zoom in on the anatomical orifice in question, so this was the best I managed.

Btw, S consumed the head last... which disturbed me much. I had previously advised her that the pig should be consumed in the same manner as jelly babies- you bite the head off first to prevent it from screaming. Oh well, it's her pig...

No comments: