Saturday, November 18, 2006

Re o bama

We fall down, we lay our crowns
At the feet of Jesus
The greatness of mercy and love
At the feet of Jesus
And we cry holy, holy, holy
And we cry holy, holy, holy
And we cry holy, holy, holy
Is the Lamb
Re o bama
Re I koba
Naong tsa go Jesu
Lo lorato
Le legolo
Naong tsa go Jesu
O boitshepo, boitshepo
O boitshepo, boitshepo
O boitshepo, boitshepo
O kwana
- Chris Tomlin
Few words, much meaning. This song is really special to me. It's one that seems to "appear" whenever I'm at an extreme of a particular emotion- sometimes when I'm feeling down, sometimes when I'm feeling just so grateful, sometimes when I'm just a little lost and in need of assurance. This song has brought me to my knees, filled my eyes with tears and stirred my heart up so much that it just aches.

The first 2 verses are sung in english, and the next 2 are in setswana, which is the national language of Botswana. Whenever I hear the song, I'm reminded of God's omnipresence.

I find it hard to explain. The words mean so much, yet, even when the language is one that I do not understand, the worship is just as beautiful.

Tonight, we sang it at prayer meeting.

Leaving later this morning for Barcelona, returning to Glasgow next week for a day before flying back to S'pore. It was strange and a bit sad bidding farewell to folk in church. "See you in January." I know that before I know it, it will be January 2007, but right now, it seems so far away. Mixed feelings. I'm excited about going to Barcelona, really happy to be spending Christmas with my family in S'pore, but soppy ol me is going to miss everyone here so so much.

So take care... all of you... I'll c u next year... God bless, always.

1 comment:

S* said...

You are right. This is a beautiful song.

Have a wonderful time in Barcelona babes! We just had a spanish friend over this weekend, and I wish I could go with you to Barcelona too!!

By the way, just to thank you (again) for the dog which the future vet loves. (see picture here = http://sharonandfabien.blogspot.com/2006/11/thursday-love.html)