Saturday, December 30, 2006

My lobster face

Ouch!!

"If you don't take care of your skin, you'll just pay money to suffer!"

The words of mum echo in my head each time my face comes into contact with anything, even a piece of tissue paper. It's sore, very sore. It's red, very red.

Had a facial appointment today. The last time I went, Sam (facial lady) was appalled at the state of my skin. Apparently every single pore on my face was clogged, hence the eruption of white- heads and black-heads. She managed to convince me then that I should fork out a substantial sum of money to do "bio peeling". I agreed, not realising that it was going to be such an ordeal! Having said that, the result was good and even mum thought that it would be a good idea to have another "peel", which I did today.

Bio peeling. It is apparently a sort of face scrub, which is made up of some herbal formula which penetrates deep into the pores and cleanses deep down. What they don't advertise is that it actually feels like someone is heaping handfuls of ground glass and scrubbing your entire face with it for 15 min. (ok, it was probably more like 8-10 min, but it sure felt like eternity) If any of you have had your zits "extracted" during a facial session, I'd say that on a scale of 1-10 for pain, an extraction sits somewhere about 3 and this... about 8.

And when you thought it was over, spoonfuls of cold, very minty goop is heaped onto your painful raw skin. At this point, you actually feel the arteries supplying your face pulsate. The masque is then peeled off your face and the process of cleaning all the residue with 2 sponges begins. More pain.

That's not the end. You end up walking around like a well-cooked lobster for the next 2 days. Afterwhich, your skin starts to flake off- think severe facial dandruff if you want a good mental picture.

So yes mum, you are right, I am paying good money to suffer. Yes, I will use those facial products, I will try my very best to keep my itchy fingers off my face, I will put my fringe up. I will do just about anything if it means avoiding going through the entire process again.

Ouch!!!


No comments: