Sunday, May 06, 2007

Glorious weekend

I had a lovely weekend :)

It's been a while since I've felt this sense of liberation. No exams, no interviews, no work. It's momentary, I know, but I really really did try to make the most of this weekend. Phoned mum and dad on Friday morning, then had brunch outdoors with R, proceded to the Botanics and lay on the grass, soaked in the sunshine and read my favourite magazine (ok, it's Grand Designs, I shall admit)
Friday evening was spent at Prayer meeting. Played the KB, something I've not done in such a very long time and I was really blessed by the ministry:)

Was meant to go to Loch Lomond on Saturday, but that was cancelled. Spent the morning thinking of what a beautiful day it was, blasting "Casting Crowns" latest album and just thanking God and remembering His faithfulness. Then had breakfast, and did my long overdue ironing whilst watching Saturday Kitchen (ok, again sad, but there's no better way to spend a Saturday morning). Took a roadtrip to Aberfoyle and went cycling with friends in the afternoon. Just imagine peddling as fast as you can along the banks of the loch, sun on your back, wind in your face. Bliss.
Back in Glasgow, chatted with friends whom I hadn't spoken to in ages, had a nice shower, then met a R and O for hot chocolate/vanilla steamer.

Weather today was not too nice, combination of wind, rain and some sunshine. Spent the morning in church (more about that later), then went supermarketing (bought enough to feed an army, or just me for a week) and joined blockbuster. Yup, I joined blockbuster. Even I find it difficult to believe.

The weekend's coming to an end... It's bank holiday Monday tomorrow, but I don't get public holidays. Start nights tomorrow. Still, I thank God for the great weekend. As for the nights... It'll just make me appreciate my next weekend off even more:)

No comments: