Sunday, April 29, 2007

It is alive!

Poor Mr Laptop died last week (yup, very creative name I know.. and yes, I've decided laptop has to be male).

For some reason, the touch pad and some of the keys refused to work, no matter how I rebooted the system. Tried everything. Phoned knowledgable Uncle H for advice. But it just wouldn't work. In my desperation, I impulsively picked up my reformatting cds and wiped Mr Laptop's contents out. Still, even though I'd lost everything I had installed (heart-wrenching), he was still malfunctioning.

Had no more time to waste on willing him to work. Had more pressing things to do, like preparing for my interview. So I just left him there and tried to ignore him.

But you know what? 2 days ago, after the whole interview saga, I decided I would just switch him on, just to convince myself that Mr Laptop was truly very ill and that I would have to take him to a doctor.
Guess what? Touch pad suddenly worked. So... miracles do happen! All's not lost.

His brain is still pretty empty at the moment, but I'll start filling him up soon...

So I'm pleased that Mr Laptop is well, and I'll try to take better care of him from now on.

No comments: