Saturday, March 03, 2007

More distractions

Ever had one of those days?

When you know you have so much to do, but just can't seem to muster the determination to do it?

When you allow yourself to succumb to just about any distraction just so you can avoid doing what you have to do?

Just another one of those days.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been quite a week.

Feels like I've gone into emotional overdrive.

In a short space of time, I've felt fear, disappointment, love, hope...

It's tiring.

Yet, it makes me feel so human... so "real"

I wish I had the words to describe my sentiments.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to work on Monday.

Honestly, not looking forward to it.

I quote one of the SMS messages I got from a friend doing the same job in a different hospital-
"I'd rather break both my legs than go to work."

Haha, perhaps I wouldn't go to that extreme. Especially if she was referring to breaking both her femoral shafts. The risk of fat emboli would be too high.
I've analysed it. If my left distal radius were broken, I wouldn't be able to write... so I wouldn't be much use at work. If the fracture were in my right radius, then I wouldn't be able to examine people, to do any suturing, to site IV cannulae...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to reality.

Back to whipping myself into doing more revision for the exam.

Either that or I could spruce up on my anatomy...

Think I'd choose the former, anytime.

No comments: